It’s no secret that I love fall. I look forward to it every summer. There are so many great things about the fall…
- Husker Football. I’m from Nebraska and that’s what we have in the fall. There is nothing better than watching them dominate on a Saturday! Since I’m in Arizona now, I don’t get to go to very many home games, so I miss tailgating, but watching them on TV satisfies me
- Cooler Temperatures. I’m definitely a moderate temperature type of girl. My favorite clothes are jeans and sweaters. Again, living in Arizona puts a damper on this a little bit, but by November, this is usually a reality. I love going out for runs a little bit later than 5 am and feeling the crisp air.
- Fall Foliage. I definitely took this for granted when I lived in the midwest and Denver. I absolutely love when the leaves change colors. It’s one of the most beautiful things to me now. When I lived in Denver, I went for a walk every single day just to admire this.
- Holidays. I love holidays. The fall has lots of them! Halloween, Thanksgiving, my husband’s birthday, and last, but not least, we’re one step closer to Christmas! I love getting together with everyone, since we all live all over the place. Who doesn’t like Christmas? That’s a whole other post on it’s own.
- Food. I love the fall food, whether it’s tailgating food, soups and stews, or holiday food. Oh yeah, we must not forget everything pumpkin-flavored. Fall is my comfort season definitely.
- Running Season. This is probably mostly for us Arizonans, but since moving here, I’ve considered fall the running season partly because after brutal summers, it feels amazing to get outside and run without melting and partly because January is the Rock N’ Roll P.F. Chang’s Marathon, so we train for it in these months.