- March madness starts today! It’s one of my favorite sporting “events” of the year right on the level with the Masters, college football bowls, the Superbowl… you know all the big ones. I have filled out my sorry bracket and I’m ready to go. I don’t even follow college basketball until this time of year. I love all the little teams that get into the tournament and go to cause upsets!
- Last year during the tournament, David was off work for the next 4 weeks because we just had just had our little peanut. I remember laying on the air mattress in the living room with Aiden and David for 4 days straight watching the first two rounds.
- Aiden decided about a month ago that he was just going to take 1 nap a day and that it was going to be in the morning. That left him awake for several hours throughout the day until bedtime and by 5 pm, he was a mess, but it was still too early for bedtime. I’m happy to say that we’ve slowly started pushing nap time back in the mornings and we’re in a better place with him going to sleep about 12 and sleeping for a couple hours! Our time at the gym at 9:30 am has helped this transition immensely.
- I’m back to listening to the Jillian Michaels podcast since I went to her Maximize Your Life Tour last week and I’ve been loving it. I love her energy, her knowledge and how she shared lots of life experiences with her listeners. I always feel more empowered after listening to her. I know, call me cheesy.
- I know this is a little (or a lot) late, but I just wanted to throw out there how horrid I thought Juan Pablo was as The Bachelor. That darn show sucks me in every.single.season and I don’t even really know why. I always look at Reality Steve and know who wins weeks before the finale. Anyways, he was egotistical and gross to watch. I hated how he treated the women and never even understood how bad he was acting. I do, however, love Chris Harrison and how he dealt with him on the After the Final Rose show.
- When I was listening to Jillian Michaels the other day, she was talking about how to pick a bar to eat.
- Decide if you want this bar to be your meal or snack. Some of these bars have 300+ calories and shouldn’t be eaten as a snack.
- Look at the sugar content. Some bars have 30 grams of sugar and that’s as much as a Snicker’s candy bar!
- Look at the ingredient list. Make sure there aren’t too many ingredients and especially artificial ones at that! Most of the truly healthy bars have all pronounceable ingredients and not a ton anyways.
- Don’t always assume the claims that these bars make – like muscle building. There are lots of ways to incorporate foods to help you build and repair muscles, so there is no need to eat artificial ingredients to do that.
- She suggested checking out YouBar – a website where you can create your own bars and trail mix! I have seen things like this for a while now, but haven’t ever tried it. It looks fun!
- Personally, I love KIND Bars and Lara Bars, but you definitely have to count those calories in your daily allowance because they aren’t super low. They are all great ingredients though.
There’s my random Thursday thoughts!
Do your (or the boy in your life) watch NCAA March Madness?
What do you think of Jillian Michaels?
Did you watch The Bachelor?
What’s your favorite bar?